суббота, 18 октября 2008 г.

blithe house quarterly




So Iapos;ve spent the last few hours trying to reinstall World of Warcraft on my new computer. Usually, you install it once. However, we had 5 computers going on at one time at my house, plus the internet connection wasnapos;t doing well at the time.

So I installed it once. It worked fine. Logged on to get the newest patches, which was fine until I got to about 86, and it turned itself off. I then spent 30 minutes repairing the game, trying to get the rest of the patch. That didnapos;t work. I uninstalled it, and reinstalled it again. It worked until it was fully installed, when the computer informed me that the files had somehow been corrupted by the computer, and so nothing had happened. Yay. Then I spent the last hour and a half installing the game and the Burning Crusade expansion, which worked. Thank fully, I was watching Star Wars: Episode 4: A New Hope with Adam while this was going on. Heapos;s staying with me because his parents are out of town, which is good because I can use the company. I miss my girl.

I am now downloading the patches again. Hopefully, it will work better this time. Weapos;re watching Aliens now, which I picked out. I love this film . It is one of the few sequels that surpasses the original while changing genres. It is truly a unique movie, and it deserves itapos;s place as one of the best science-fiction movies ever made. Not to mention the fact that James Cameron is a brilliant director. Whether or not you liked Titanic, it was extremely well directed. And he wrote and directed the first two Terminator films, which are also masterpieces of the genre.

I watched Pitch Black with Kira the other day, speaking of my girl. I must really be in a sci-fi mood. We had a good time. I really enjoy her company, and I miss her when I canapos;t see her, which is most of the time. Though the time we do have together is very special to me. I guess Iapos;m pretty lucky. And here I go, sounding like a sap. Go me.

Iapos;ve been reading a lot of information about Fable 2, and I donapos;t think Iapos;ve been so excited about a game in a long time. I must have played the original Fable and The Lost Chapters at least 8 times. The sense of freedom present in that title was astounding, considering how structured the plotline was. It didnapos;t deliver on a lot of the promises that the developers made and Fable 2 actually looks like itapos;s going to deliver on the stuff they promised the first time around and the stuff they promised this time. Iapos;ve read some reviews and they were very positive, which continues to make me think thatapos;s itapos;s going to occupy a lot of my time, which is okay with me.

Nothing else aside from Wrath of Guilty Gear 2: Overture have me as excited, which is strange. Gears of War 2 looks impressive, but Halo will always be a better shooter in my mind. No offense to Gears, I loved the original and plan to buy the sequel when it drops, but Iapos;m just not that excited for it yet. I guess I was a bit underwhelmed by the characters and the story in the first one. Marcus Fenix is a bad ass, but if he died in the next one I wouldnapos;t care. Though Epic is promising a much more engrossing story this time around, and if they can deliver on the story as well as they have on the gameplay, well....itapos;ll be an even better year for gaming than it already has been.

Oh, by the way, the topic of this post refers to Illidanapos;s quote in the opening cinematic for The Burning Crusade. Check out this link if you are interested:

Until next time.

Will out


blithe house quarterly, blithe house, blithe definition, blithe coward noel spirit.



Комментариев нет: